Tuesday, June 9, 2009

$$ = Transformer

Yesterday morning before Chase left for school, he gave me a note. It read:
"Get my DoLers when you pik me up from scooll."
On Sunday, Chase completed the amount of money needed to get his Transformer. And after school, he really wanted to go to Big Lots!. And so we did.... but not before I rolled Chase's finger up in the window! I had the windows down while we walked up to school to get Chase... when we got back in the car... it was HOT... so I started to roll up the windows... Chase had his hand on his window-- why he didn't move it?? Not sure... but his finger was pointing up and stuck. It hurt really bad... and of course, I felt really bad. Had to tell him that it was OK to suck on his finger :) Well, in pain and all.... He was still so excited to go to BigLots!, but when we got to the toy section the Transformer that they had wasn't $9, it was $19. AND, it wasn't exactly what he wanted... so we decided to wait. I could tell that he was bummed.
So we went to Luna Pops. And then stopped at Learning Express-- just to check. But they didn't have "real" Transformers... there's some kind of StarWars toys that transform.. but they aren't the real thing. Anyway, we played there for a little bit... then went to Chase's horse riding lessons. Still a little bummed about the whole Transformer thing-- and rightfully so... he'd been working hard and really looking forward to getting the toy-- he was a little off riding Misty. I really thought at one point that he might fall asleep while riding her-- luckily, he didn't!!

After horse riding, I decided to take the kids to Toys R Us. Chase found his Transformer toy. Optimus Prime... he's the leader of the Autobots. Claire really wanted to get something-- BAD-- but I told her "no"... but I snuck something for her birthday :) As soon as we got home, Chase was ready to Transform Optimus from a semi truck to a robot. The directions were so confusing, but we figured it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment