Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jumping In

We ran out of dog food this morning, so we had to make a trip into Petsmart.  We have a path that we take when we go in:  First, we make a b-line to the birds.  Chase was quick to notice that the bird he wanted was gone.  Had to reassure him that it went to a good and loving home.  Once we pry the kids away from the birds, we get what we came for-- dog food.  Then we head over to see the homeless cats.  Claire really wants a kitty of her own.  We held a couple, but I told her that we had to wait for Dad because getting a new pet was a big decision.  While not feasible or realistic...if it was left up to the kids and me, we'd have rescued them all!

After we got home, we finished cleaning up the house-- it was a mess from the day before!  Then, Claire and I played some games (Scavenger Hunt & I Spy) that she got for her birthday.  We were all getting a little sleepy, so we decided that we were going to watch a movie... until... Claire said, "I thought we were going to go swimming?"  So much better than sitting inside... so in the pool they went.  I, as usual, went to the garden to pick sugar snap peas, green beans, and tomatoes.  And, of course, pulled weeds.  I pulled and pulled for about an hour and a half...dirty, beads of sweat dripping down my nose... and then a mosquito bit me.  That was it for me.  I put down my sunglasses and kicked off my Rainbows and said, "Hey Chase!" as I ran and did a cannonball into the pool.  The kids were beyond confused that I jumped in the pool with my clothes on!  Henri and Claire just couldn't get over it.  Then Claire, Chase, Audrey and I all ran down to the deep end and did another cannonball together!  So much fun!  Unfortunately, it started to thunder... so we got out of the pool.  

After dinner, we all ate some of Claire's ice cream cake-- except Claire ate a chocolate chip cookie before finishing my cake.  Henri attempted to eat the ice cream cake with his fingers... he was a mess!  Once the kids got cleaned up, we watched "The Cat in the Hat" movie.  Chase seemed to like it, but everyone else... not so much.  If you haven't seen it... don't bother. 

At bedtime, Claire really wanted to sleep with someone.  I told her that she had to sleep in a bed, because-- quite frankly-- she's a mess the next day if she doesn't.  She began tearing up about how she never gets to sleep with anybody (note: she slept in either Chase's or Henri's room for nearly a week while Lindsay and Adam were here).  Seeing how cute she was and the longing in her eyes...I said, "How about you come sleep in my room later."  To which Claire whined, "But I'll forget... I always forget to come in."  "Ok, why don't you take your pillow and go now."  With that, she asked if she could take her babies and went off to sleep on her Dad's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment