Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rewind to Thursday

Thursday, the kids and I went to the Wilmington Police Department Demo day. Of course, since I had planned for us to go somewhere... the kids all slept in! So we got there about a half hour after it started. We learned about how the police use helicopters, finger printing, horses, and the canine unit. Henri was very nervous and wanted to be held the entire time... however, it was so HOT!
The Wilmington Police Department horses. Ages 6 & 8... we forget their names :)

We stayed for a little over an hour and then went to the landfill to return the recycle bins. Luckily for us, it didn't stink that day!! Chase counted 4 tractors at the landfill and would have liked to get a closer look ;) That afternoon, I got a call from CFCI. They had a spot open for Chase and they wanted to know if we wanted to enroll him for the fall. Of course, I said yes. Chase is a little bummed. He was really looking forward to being home schooled. We told him that he just needs to give it a week... and if he still wants to home school... then we'll figure it out.

Last night, Henri went to bed first. He was tired from a very long day. We went to Target, enrolled Chase at Cape Fear Center for Inquiry (CFCI), Jeter's for lunch, and Kohl's Frozen Custard over at Wrightsville Beach. It's the only Kohl's in town now. I was telling the kids about the "finger" incident and why there are no Kohl's. Chase couldn't stand to listen!http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Finger_found_in_frozen_custard_by_North_Carolina_man

Anyway, we got home and the kids played upstairs until Aaron (and Ryan) got home. They were coming back from Virginia. Aaron bought 2 D-90's from England and had to pick them up at the port. The kids were so excited to see the Land Rovers. They like to crawl around in them and "inspect" them ;). It was another HOT day yesterday. Chase really wanted to watch "Transformers" with his Dad... so we all ate licorice and watched the movie. We finished off our day by playing tag in the front yard. Claire is super fast. I finally stopped to let her tag me because I was worn out from her chasing me! After we got Henri to bed, Claire, Chase and I sat at the table eating a snack and looking over our new Where's Waldo book. We had 5 books, and found the sixth book (to complete the collection) at Target. Claire really has some keen eyes!
This morning, Claire woke me up whining. She said that her belly hurt... turns out that she has a fever of 101.4. Last weekend, Chase and Henri were sick and honestly, I had thought that she had escaped getting sick....I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment