Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nine Years

Henri had his last gymnastics class today. Typical, he and Claire had so much fun. That is... until the end. It was awards day. When they called Henri's name to get his trophy... he didn't want to go. So I tried to go with him... I picked him up and he started crying. Needless to say, I accepted the trophy on his behalf :) Thinking that it was a half day of school for Chase, I rushed over to his school... only to be shocked that there were no cars waiting in the pick-up line. We went inside and I learned that it was a full day... oh, well... I still checked out Chase. We walked to his classroom. The kids were getting ready to go outside for recess, but when Chase saw us... he grabbed his stuff and was ready to bolt!

Claire started dance at a new studio. Her teacher moved, so we followed. It's a lot further away... but Claire loves Miss Christy. She's the only girl in the class now... I think that she was a little bummed that her friends weren't there... she still had lots of fun goofing around with Miss Christy. And in the end, Chase got involved as well as another girl from the class after Claire's. She had lots of fun doing jumps over the rivers (scarfs laid out), doing wheelbarrows and handstands. After dance, the kids and I went to Hugh McRae Park-- the kids call it the BIG park. We ate cantaloupe and the kids played with an older boy... special needs boy. They were chasing him around the playground and had so much fun! After my first dance class, we all (including Aaron) went out to dinner. Chase was none to pleased about the selection of "A Taste of Italy", he really wanted to go to Bojangles. He bawled and bawled, but eventually he got over it. While I was at my hip hop class, Aaron took the kids to Dairy Queen and to Brian Tate's to play.

A lot sure has changed in 9 years!!

1 comment:

  1. Sure has! The next 9 will be even busier. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete