Saturday, June 20, 2009

Play Catch Up

It's been a few days... I know!  So lets rewind to catch up!

Tuesday my Mom and Audrey got here right before dinner.  The kids and I went into the airport to wait for them and Henri was not thrilled about that!  He thought that "we" were going to go on an airplane... and there was no way he was going to get on an airplane.  Not only did he have a 'death grip', he also told me over and over, "I no want to go on airplane."

Wednesday, I did a 30-minute presentation for a Tri-County teacher workshop at Airlie Gardens about Sustainable Schools Initiative.  My Mom, Aud, and the kids played outside.  When I got out my Mom said, "We were bad" as she held up an empty bottle of Cherry Coke.  After Airlie, we took the kids to Hugh McRae Park... also known as the "Big Park".  As soon as we got there, the ice cream man pulled in.  SO, since I didn't let the kids get anything last time, I-- of course-- let them all pick out something.  Typical Chase, he picked out the biggest thing that he could-- a cup of cookies and cream ice cream.  The kids played for about an hour, then we went to Claire's dance.  Since Claire wasn't having a recital this year, her teacher invited us to come watch.  Claire was still tired from the day before (she woke up at 5:30... no nap... and went to bed around 9:30).  Needless to say, she was putting on the grumpy face.  Finally, at the end of class, she put on her smile and Dad, Aud and Meme got to see how much Claire LOVES dance.  At the end of her class, Miss Christy had snacks-- cupcakes, cheetoes, chips and juice boxes.  Now last Wednesday, Chase really wanted to go to Bojangles (you remember the cryfest, I'm sure :) ).  So this week, we followed through with an early dinner at Bojangles.  And he ate SO much Bojangles on top of all the other stuff that he had eaten from 2:20 to 4:30 , that his poor belly was pushed out and he had a tummy ache.  Back at dance, the kids played while I danced.  Aaron picked up the boys and my Mom, Claire and Aud stayed for hip hop.  

Thursday, we (minus Aaron) went to see "The Tale of Despereaux" at the Mayfaire free summer movies.  We stopped at the gas station to pick up candy, but bought our drinks at the theater.

Candy (KitKat, 3 Skittles & 2 M&M's): $ 4.25
3 Small Sodas: $14.50

I think that we'll be sneaking in some drinks next time!

After lunch, Claire's friend Emma (and her Mom and brother) came over to swim.  The kids had so much fun-- it was such a gorgeous day!  At 5, we all left.  We met Aaron and Ryan at Cracker Barrel for dinner.  I had my mom grab a shirt for Chase that reads "Will trade sister for tractor."  He thinks it's hilarious!  After dinner, we went to a Wilmington Sharks baseball game.  We had lots of fun and Henri, especially, loved it.  It was the first baseball game the kids had ever been to... and they had a blast.  We stayed until 9 PM.  On the way home, Henri was so talkative:  "Oh no, don't go that way", "Oh, that is not good." and pointing out all the lights.

We spent Friday afternoon at the beach.  We (including Ryan) took the boat to Dockside for lunch and then parked the boat at Figure 8 for about 3 hours.  The best thing about going to the beach on Friday is that it's almost completely ours.  Only 2 other boats were there and they were so far away from us that you couldn't even barely hear them talking.  Aaron and I went on a litter walk.  I picked up litter-- he drank beer and pointed out litter.  We found: suntan lotion bottles, beer bottle caps, glass bottle, plastic bottle caps, aluminum can and foil, about 20-30 cigarette butts, plastic bags/pieces, rope, sand bag material, and a Styrofoam cup.  It's sad that people just toss their junk onto streets, in the water, or at the beach.  Start looking around and you'll be amazed at what you find.  Next time, I'll take a picture.  Until then, check out this: 


Today, we went to the Blueberry festival in Burgaw.  It was squelching hot!!  Lindsay, Adam and Raegan got here a little after 2.  Raegan is soooo big!! She took her first dip in a pool... and really enjoyed it.  Chase so loves babies... watching him with her, I think about the days when he used to tell me that I should have a million babies!!  Henri, on the other hand, isn't used to a baby crying like Chase and Claire are... so he gets a little nervous when she starts to cry.  I'm sure he'll get used to it just as soon as they have to leave!

Shwew!  Ok, I think that's it!!  Caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment