Thursday, June 4, 2009

Seeing IS Believing

We walked into Chase's school carrying Wendy's for lunch. When we got to the cafeteria, we learned that the kids were eating in their classrooms because they were setting up for the 5th grade social to be in the cafeteria and the gym. We got to Chase's classroom and since they were watching a movie, we waited outside. Until Claire said, "They're all eating." I said, "No they're not. Are they?" Claire responds while looking in the window, "Everyone, but Chase." Sure enough, the kids were all eating their lunches... everyone except for Chase! Oops! We went in and got a table at the back of the room... I can only imagine how the fries must have smelled to the kids eating bag lunches! After lunch, we went home to meet Aaron for lunch. Of course, we already ate, so he and Ryan ate lunch together :)
When we picked Chase up from school, we had to go inside for a end of the year parent teacher conference. And when we walked in we heard: "Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day. Take me to New York, I'd love to see LA". Sounded like we were walking into a club, a prom or maybe a homecoming dance. Turns out it was the 5th grade social. The 5th graders were all decked out in their "prom" attire. Girls in dresses and heels and boys in their sports coats! Personally, I think it was a little (ok, A LOT) much for 5th grade... especially seeing the parents in their "prom" dresses. It was interesting to say the least ;) Tangent finished! Well, Chase has done really well this year! He's exactly where he needs to be on EVERYTHING! And, most importantly... he started off the year hating to read and now... he really enjoys reading. He had the most amazing teacher this year.

Aaron flew to Dallas this afternoon. He's giving a seminar/talk? to about 200 doctors. The kids and I wrapped up a pretty uneventful evening by watching this bug in its nymph stage shed it's skin and step out as a bigger bug. It-- like watching a caterpillar make it's chrysalis--is one of the coolest things that I have ever seen.

Sorry for the clarity. I was excited and I had 3 kids that were excited! I just couldn't keep the camera still! But the black/gray thing under the orange bug (believed to be a wheel bug nymph) is the orange bug's old body. Absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment