Saturday, June 6, 2009

That isn't how it was supposed to go!!

Once again, Claire woke me up this morning with "Mom, I'm hungry." I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7... thank goodness. I also saw Henri right next to me and Chase next to Henri... nearly covering him with his pillow. Henri is a slight bed hog ;)

After I got up, the kids asked each other if they wanted to go upstairs. I quickly shot in with, "Don't you want to eat breakfast first." A quick "no" followed. "But Claire, you said you were hungry?" Well, she wasn't anymore... they all headed upstairs and didn't come down until 9 to eat!

We spent the morning cleaning Claire's room. I had this idea that I could rearrange her furniture, but when I realized that it wasn't going to work... Claire was set on making it work. In the end, we put everything back... just moved some of her toys around to make it look/feel like we did something other than wipe down baseboards!

Ryan came over around lunch to mow the grass. We were heading out for lunch, so he came with us. We went to Blockbuster and rented some movies. When we got home, the kids rode their bikes for a little bit. Then we went into the garden and started the task of weeding. Why must there be SO many weeds?? We all dug up some red potatoes... got 7 in all. I love finding potatoes... red jewels in the dirt...they are so beautiful. Chase, Claire and Henri pulled out the old spinach plants, raked the weeds I pulled, transferred the piles to Henri's wheelbarrow and dumped them in the compost bin. We got one section done and the kids were ready to go inside... all for different reasons. Chase was pushing to go inside the most, because he was ready to watch his movie-- Transformers.

Now, I was hesitant to let him watch it. He's the boy that runs away and hides his eyes during movies like "Madagascar", "Ice Age" and well... almost every movie we've ever seen. But he really wants to see the new Transformers movie in the theater (when it comes out on Claire's birthday) that he was determined to watch this movie and prove that he wouldn't get scared. And he did. He didn't cover his eyes, stand up in front of the couch, start to walk away or complain one time. Claire, however, wasn't liking it... so she got to play a computer game. Eventually, she came around when I explained that the transformers are just drawn on a computer, the actors real names and that the one actor is married to the girl that sings "Boom Boom Pow". Henri had no problem with the movie... didn't flinch once. Now... Claire, Henri and I will not be going to see "Transformers 2" at the theater this summer. In fact, I'm still not crazy over the idea of Chase going to see it. The point of renting the first one was to show him how scary it is. Well... obviously, that backfired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment