Wednesday, May 20, 2009

8:34!!

This morning, I woke up and looked at the clock. "8:34!!"

I quickly got around and asked Aaron why he didn't wake me?!! I wasn't feeling the best yesterday, so he thought he'd be extra-nice and let me sleep... but he quickly asked if I was going to make breakfast. I promptly said "uh, no way." Claire had to be at school at 9 and her graduation started at 9:15! I had to get the kids dressed, fed, teeth brushed and still wake up Henri... all in a matter of 20 minutes!! Luckily, we live so close to Claire's school that we weren't too late! In fact, we weren't the last to arrive (which always makes me feel a little better). In the church, we went up to the top section... Chase was freaking out. He has this new fear of heights! So the 2 year olds sang, then the 3's and then finally the pre-K kids came out and sang a couple of songs. AND... Claire actually sang! Normally, she just sings in "her head". We were adamant for the past week that we can't hear her when she sings in her head... it's always nice when we can see that our kids actually are paying attention to the things we say ! After they were done singing, they were presented with their certificate of preschool completion. Can't believe preschool is over for Claire.

After graduation, Claire, Henri and I went to Henri's gymnastics class. (Chase decided to stay home with dad and do puzzles.) Claire and Henri had so much fun doing gymnastics together... they're like a team. They were doing forward rolls in unison... it was sooooo cute! Claire has also gotten braver... she refused help on the balance beam and didn't need me right by her side. Henri has also started jumping on the tumble track (or as Claire calls it: jumpolene)... he usually just runs down it! He's making strides in the jumping world :)

This afternoon, Claire had dance and then I took the kids to Aaron's office. Henri had a crying fit for about 20 minutes, because he didn't realize that I was leaving. Luckily, little momma Claire was there to help Dad. I went to a Recycling Round Table Discussion at UNCW. It was a really great meeting... I had a "Change Is Gonna Come" feeling. The meeting got out about 20 minutes late, so I got home to find Aaron and the kids swinging.

It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment