Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pulled Over

On the way to Chase's horse riding lessons, I looked in my rear view mirror to see a police car's flashing lights. Looking to my right, I saw a cop pulled over... so naturally, I thought the cop wanted me to get out of his way so that he could get over to help the other cop. I made my way to the left hand turn lane and instead of the cop passing me... he stayed right behind me! I said to the kids, "Oh, mom's getting pulled over." Of course, they were confused-- I've never been pulled over. So... I pulled into a parking lot and waited. Turns out I was speeding... now I won't get into how fast he said I was going... because quite frankly, I just don't believe it. But then again, I wasn't watching the speedometer... only going with the flow of traffic. Anyway, he gets my info and heads back to his car. Claire says, "What is he doing with your license plate?" (She meant drivers license). I explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. Then all of the sudden Chase and Claire say, "Police suck." The day wasn't ruined, I received a warning and we made our way "cautiously" to see Misty.

A little before 3, we walked to Abby's house to see if she wanted to come swimming. While there, the ice cream man came-- he comes through our neighborhood about 3x a year. So Chase says, "Can we get something?" I say, "Yeah, you could... but my purse is in my car... if you want to go get it..." Next thing I know, Chase is handing me my purse. (He rode his bike back to the house as fast as he could, parked his bike at the end of the driveway and ran up to get it). He was fast... and I was impressed. I put a $2 price limit on them... and the kids all picked out something. Then Abby, her sisters and friends got something too. Maybe the ice cream man will be back more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment