Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bye Bye Bye


Yesterday after lunch, we took my mom and Audrey to the airport. After a 2 week visit, it was time for them to leave. As usual, wish they could stay... Henri even echoed my sentiments when he asked, "Where's Aunt Audrey? I don't want them to go to St. Louis." One day he'll understand that that's just the way it is... unfortunately.

So on our way home from the airport, we stopped at the barbershop to get the kids' hair cut. Chase had been asking for several days and it was beyond overdue. Then Claire piped in and asked when she could get her hair cut. Chase was first... he sits so good. Then Henri sat on my lap while he got his done. Then it was Claire's turn... since she only wanted a "girl" to cut her hair... her spot opened up while Henri was still sitting on my lap. So... the child that wanted to have her hair cut got nervous and wouldn't get her hair cut until I could stand by her and hold her hand.

Milestone: Henri wore underwear all day!! When we were finished at the barbershop and the kids were loaded and buckled in the car.... Henri says, "I have to go potty, mom." No wet pants!! Whoohoo!!

When we got home, Claire immediately tried to take a nap. I tried to keep her busy and I did, for the most part. We went outside and ate popsicles and checked for eggs. Cooking dinner Chase and Henri were big helpers and I got Claire to juice a lemon. By the time dinner was on the table, Claire was practically falling asleep. She was so tired that she couldn't eat. She went to bed around 6:30!! (and slept to 7:20 this morning). Later on, Chase, Henri and I pulled some weeds in the garden. Chase tells me that he doesn't like pulling weeds, but I let him know that neither do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment