Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two First Days

This morning, Henri had his first day at preschool. We've been talking about it for awhile and the past week, I tried to "prep" him as much as I could for what was going to happen. Before we left the house, he told me that he was "scared". I stayed with him in his class for about 20 minutes and had to leave to take Chase his snack at school. Henri wasn't ready for it. He cried and cried.... it made my heart break. After about 15 minutes, I called to check on him. They said he was calming down. Thank goodness. I, then, for the first time in years went shopping by MYSELF. It was nice. When the time came to pick up Henri from school, I got on my bike and rode up to get him. He was the first one out and he looked so whooped. He was happy, but he just looked sad in his eyes. We hopped on the bike and he said, "Don't go too fast for me.". At that point, I'd do anything he asked... just want my happy, P&V Henri back. We had lots of fun on our bike ride and he told me "I love you" a million times... which hasn't stopped all day.

After Henri and I picked up Claire and Chase from school, Claire had dance. Based on how she ended dance this summer (bad attitude), I was nervous whether or not she would take the classes. I was happily surprised to see her walk right into the class and participate with great enthusiasm!! After her ballet and tap, she asked if she could stay for the jazz class. The boys (well, mainly Chase) were spent after 2 hours of being at the dance studio. But, Claire had lots of fun dancing with Miss Christy and meeting some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment