Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Picture Night

Yesterday, late afternoon, we went to the south end of Wrightsville for our family pictures. We were supposed to get them taken today, but thanks to my Mom's constant weather updates (and impending rain), we were able to switch our appointment!!! AND I'm so glad we did!! It was SO gorgeous.... everything was perfect... high tide.... so there were a long stretched out tidal pools for the kids to run and play in. So, typical, of our family pictures the boys got soaking wet. And we all had so much fun...

Walking back through the sand dunes to the gazebo, I found a piece of a glass bottle and a Styrofoam cup and with that... my little litter picker-uppers began their hunt for litter. As usual, it wasn't hard to find the litter... lots and lots of cigarette butts. As I picked up a candy bag, Claire said to me, "Mom, why are people so trashy??". "I don't know... I wish I knew." Having to walk several blocks because we parked at Casey's... when we finally got to the car, Chase says, "Can we go to Kohl's?" Aaron hadn't eaten dinner yet and thought it was a great idea... and I-- loving Kohl's custard-- decided that hip hop could wait until next week. Sitting outside eating our ice cream, hearing the ocean, the boys soaked with salty water, and sand all over us-- could life be any better?? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment