Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mom Gave Names to All Her Children

I've always said it, "Bob Dylan is an amazing song writer, but I just can't listen to him sing." Claire's new favorite song is "Man Gave Names to all the Animals," of course, redone by Jason Mraz. If you don't know what I'm talking about check it out here.

So yesterday, Claire was taking an after school nap on her floor. Trying desperately to wake her up after about an hour, I started singing a new version.... which of course, she thought was funny and drove her mad at the same time. So here it is...

"Mom saw a girl laying on the floor
She slept so much, that she started to snore.
Couldn't see much, just a lot of hair.
She said, 'I...... I think I'll call her Claire.

Mom saw a boy sitting on the ground,
had so many toys that he couldn't be found.
She tried to get him to look her in the face.
She said, 'I..... I think I'll call him Chase.

Mom saw a boy that was super cute.
He liked to eat vegies and lots fruit.
And on his backpack was Bumble Bee.
She said, 'I....I'm gonna call that one Henri."

No comments:

Post a Comment