Tuesday, August 4, 2009

R.I.P

This evening, while I was cleaning up the kitchen from dinner. Aaron called me from outside. He said, "Soiree is dead." Of course, I thought he was joking. She was our biggest... I called her Big Mamma, the leader and best egg layer out of the four. But he said to me, "Why would I call you to joke about that." Out the back door I went, and sure enough... there she lay by our compost bin. Telling the kids went a lot smoother than expected. Chase responded, "Whoohoo... now we can get a rooster!" I couldn't believe it... in February when Sweetie Pie passed... he was in tears and writing something for her burial. A lot sure has changed in the months passing. Aaron took the kids and Soiree down to the "meadow" and buried her. I still can't believe it... down to 3 chickens. Chase and I wonder, "Who will be the leader now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment